At Sanders, Wright & Freeman, we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About Sanders, Wright & Freeman
Sanders, Wright & Freemanis a trading name of Sanders, Wright & Freeman Ltd whose registered number is 9553664 and registered office is 13 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4DJ.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example when you:
- Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
- Ask us to value your property
- Register for our email newsletters
- Participate in one of our surveys
- Interact with us on our social media sites
We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
Where we are required by law, or for business needs, we will obtain information about you from third parties, but only after we have your agreement to do so. For example (but not limited to) the third parties we may need to contact are credit reference agencies, banks, employers, accountants and solicitors in order to obtain references, undertake identity verification and basic criminal record checks, and validate your income level and financial history.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with relevant third party business partners.
Where we engage third party service providers to provide products such as mortgages or other business services and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request. We contractually require them to securely protect information, and not to use it for any other purpose.
How we use your information
We will process the information you provide or we obtain from other sources to provide you with products and services and answer any questions you may have.
The following are examples of how we use the information we collect:
• To process your registration and confirm your identity
• To provide a full range of estate agency services for the sale and purchase of property
• To provide a full lettings service for tenants, prospective tenants and landlords
• To provide property management services
• To arrange survey and valuations
• To arrange mortgages
• To provide conveyancing services
• To provide property auction services
• To create and manage your on line account
• To process payment for our services
• To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent or franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
• To provide, administer and communicate with you about Sanders, Wright & Freeman products, services, offers, competitions, programs and promotions, their issuers, acquirers, retailers and partners
• To operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and websites
• To evaluate your interest in and suitability for employment
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research, survey and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may occasionally contact you including by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
Information about our products and services
We may also use your personal data to contact you by post, e mail, telephone or other electronic means to provide you with information about products and services form Sanders, Wright & Freeman
Some of the services provided by third parties may involve an automated decision and/or credit scoring to determine whether we are able to provide a service or product.
Using third parties to undertake searches and collate information on our behalf helps make fair and responsible decisions. When coming to these decisions we and third parties will consider:
• the information provided on the application form
• information about previous account conduct , including any payment arrears and
• official public records information such as fraud record information and insolvency records
Any credit scoring methods used by third parties are regularly tested to ensure they remain fair, effective and unbiased.
For further information about automated decisions or credit scoring, please contact Julie Wright at Sanders, Wright & Freeman, 13 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4DJ or by email at email@example.com
Lawful basis of processing
Sanders, Wright & Freeman processes your information under any of the following lawful conditions:
(i) Performance of a contract - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
(ii) Legal obligation - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example verification of identity and fraud prevention
(iii) Consent - where we process information under consent we will seek your clear consent before processing your data, for example referring your details to a financial advisor or solicitor
(iv) Legitimate interests - some information is processed by Sanders, Wright & Freeman as part of its legitimate interests which include network and information security, opting out of communications, direct marketing, web analytics, updating customer details, lettings, sales, and other core services provided
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
• When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
• To enforce our terms and conditions
• When required by law and/or government authorities
• When requested by the Property Ombudsman Service or any other consumer ombudsman or trade association
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact Sanders. Wright & Freeman at 13 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4DJ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who has access to information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and /or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
- To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
- To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
- In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To rectification of the information, we hold about you.
- In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
- Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us email@example.com or write to us at 13 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4DJ. In addition, you can exercise your right to object to direct marketing at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on the Cookies we use, visit our Cookies Policy
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Transferring your information outside of European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk.